2409 DAIRY LANE
Former Governor of Alabama Reuben Chapman acquired the house in 1873, after his previous house nearby had been burned by departing Union soldiers in 1865. This is also home to the legendary cow of the 1890's, Lily Flagg. The house retains a prominent position on a 2+acre lot on a hillside and was built in the Federal style, with Greek Revival details. The house is clad in white clapboard and features a pedimented portico supported by four Tuscan columns over the entry. The portico is flanked by twelve-over-twelve sash windows. On each side of the house, two chimneys project through the end gables. This home can also be found on the National Register of Historic Places.